Antivirus Apps For Android are one of the most popular types of applications on Android.
Antivirus Apps are the tool to Protect your phone or tablet against viruses, spyware, thieves, malware Trojans, malicious URLs, infected SD cards, as well as and Prevent them from infecting your Android device.
Be careful when choosing antivirus apps for your Android because several, especially free antivirus apps don’t actually stop virus infections, but rather gather up malware after they’ve made it to your device.
Keep in mind that several antivirus apps offer a free version as the initial download with an in-app purchase for the ad-free version.
10 Best Antivirus Apps for Android & iPhone 2022
1. Avast Mobile Security
Avast Mobile Security is one of the best antivirus apps out there. Avast Antivirus app protects your Android from the dangers of the network with its Mobile Security & Antivirus system.
This antivirus app integrates an anti-malware scanner, great anti-theft capabilities, Protects your privacy, Blocks all potential threats, Secures your data remotely, Enhances performance, Takes control of your digital habits, and various features to protect your privacy.
Extra features in the free version antivirus app supported by ads include a call blocker, firewall, and even an anti-theft measure allowing you to remotely lock or wipe your Android device if it goes missing.
But Avast’s Ultimate antivirus program includes a VPN to hide all your online activity.
It includes a password manager to keep track of login credentials, and a data shield to protect photos, contact information, and other sensitive files from being swiped.
Features of Avast Mobile Security app
- Perform regular scans to detect threats and vulnerabilities
- Detect malicious apps before you install them
- Protect against malware-infected links on the web.
- Verify the security of any Wi-Fi network
- Track your device’s location
- Lock your device or wipe all of your sensitive data
- Secretly capture photos and audio of the thief
- Automatically register your device as lost after a SIM change
- Free up storage space by cleaning out junk
- Speed up your device with RAM Boost
- Extend battery life by adjusting power-consuming Android settings
- See which apps you spend the most time on
- Learn which apps are better off used on a Wi-Fi connection
- Easily check app permissions to understand how apps access your phone
2. Bitdefender Antivirus App
Bitdefender is a big name in the antivirus apps & security community, and its free antivirus app is extremely lightweight.
It hasn’t changed much over the years. This antivirus app offers a basic scanning feature, a simple interface, quick performance, and no configuration.
Bitdefender is said to be super light on resources since it doesn’t download and store virus signatures on the device.
But It uses in-the-cloud scanning technology that results in super-fast scanning ability.
The antivirus app also offers real-time protection and scan apps as they are installed.
Just be sure that If you require extra security, sign up for a free 14-day trial of the Bitdefender Mobile Security app.
This includes the basic antivirus as well as real-time protection for Google’s Chrome browser and anti-theft features.
Features of Bitdefender Antivirus app
- Integrated VPN for accessing blocked websites
- Smart unlock for unlocking apps when connected to a trusted Wi-fi.
- Web protection for scanning adware, and malware during browsing
- Support for Android Wear devices
- Unparalleled Detection
- Feather-Light Performance
- Full Speed & Low Battery Impact
- On-install Scanning
- On-Demand Scanning
- Zero Configurations
3. AVG Antivirus
AVG is another big name in the antivirus apps space. AVG antivirus app for Android is a feature-packed security app.
As well as the core antivirus feature, it also includes a wi-fi security scanner, app lock, and photo vault to help protect your files.
The antivirus app has anti-theft tracking via Google Maps, but it also doesn’t have the rooted firewall availability. Like AVAST, there is a swath of pointless battery, memory, and phone boosting features that don’t actually work.
Additional security features in this antivirus app include the ability to lock down the phone.
If someone else tries to change the SIM card and even wipe your phone and SD card content remotely if you fear someone else has somehow been able to unlock it without authorization.
Features of AVG Antivirus app
- Dual-engine antivirus for removing viruses and other malicious content
- Performance-boosting feature for extending battery life
- Photo vault for locking photographs
- Device Lock
- App Lock
- Surveillance agent for remotely capturing photos and recording audio from the phone via the website
- App Lock
- Camera Trap
4. McAfee Mobile Security App
McAfee is one of the biggest names in antivirus apps. It’s also one of the heaviest. McAfee has won many notable awards since its release.
Most of the advanced features such as anti-theft features, security lock, Wi-Fi security, battery optimizer, memory cleaner, etc. are available in the free version of the Android antivirus app.
The UI is old and it doesn’t look very good. Besides the antivirus scanner itself, free antivirus app features include tracking a lost device as well as locking and wiping it remotely.
If your device is stolen, Additionally, it can take photos of your potential phone thief, record locations to the cloud before the phone shuts down, and more useful stuff. McAfee also has a variety of standalone apps for other things.
Features of the McAfee Mobile Security app
- Extensive anti-theft features
- Police installed apps for data leakage
- Password Manager
- File Lock
- An easy to use the web-based console
- Thief cam
- remotely wipe data in case of theft or loss
- Anti-theft uninstall protection
- Support for Android Wear devices
5. Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus App
Kaspersky is one of the most popular antivirus apps. It has both a free and pro version.
Both versions offer SMS and call blocking, scans, virus updates, and anti-theft. The premium version adds things like real-time protection, an app lock, and more.
The antivirus app blocks phishing schemes in both email and text messages. Kaspersky also locks down your and contacts’ information.
So if someone steals your phone, no one can see your personal information. This antivirus solution locks apps, filters calls, and texts, and blocks malware, including ransomware.
Features of the Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus app
- Manual Scan
- Android Wear
- Automatic Scan
- Blocks suspicious apps
- Call filter
6. Norton Security and Antivirus App
The latest version of Norton antivirus software offers impressive Android security features even in the free version.
The antivirus app mostly provides a 100% detection rate and removes malware, spyware, or Android viruses that can slow down your device.
Norton Security and Antivirus app did cause a bit of lag on our phones during testing.
It does a great job stopping malware from downloading to your device. It also has tools that monitor your Wi-Fi connection to make sure hackers don’t get through.
It also has a system advisor that gives you tips on how to further protect your devices, like setting up a fingerprint lock.
Features of Norton Security and Antivirus app
- Wi-Fi Scanning
- Safe Search
- Lost and stolen phone protection
- App Advisor
- WiFi Security
- Web Protection
- Ransomware protection
- Android System Advisor
- Wipe a lost or stolen device’s information remotely
- Sneak Peek
- Privacy Report
7. Malwarebytes Security App
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular antivirus apps. The mobile version is pretty good too.
It features an aggressively updated virus database, support for malware and ransomware, a permission tracker, and more.
This antivirus app can even scan messages on WhatsApp, Facebook, SMS, etc for potentially dangerous links.
Malwarebytes antivirus app for Android comes with a 30-day trial of the Premium version.
When the 30-day trial is ended, Malwarebytes will only detect and clean, but not prevent, infections. It’s ad-free, forever.
Features of Malwarebytes Security app
- Detects ransomware before it can lock your device
- Finds and removes adware and malware
- Conducts a privacy audit for all apps
8. Dr. Web Security Space
Dr. Web is one of the older antivirus apps and anti-malware apps. The antivirus app has a decent set of features, including quick and full scans, protection from ransomware, a quarantine space, and even stats.
Dr.Web Security Space protection components Scan web pages in real-time and block access to dangerous sites, such as those used for phishing attacks.
Features of Dr. Web Security Space
- URL filter
- Parental Control
- Security Auditor
- Discreet use of battery resources.
9. ESET Mobile Security and Antivirus app
ESET is another big name in the antivirus apps and anti-malware world.
The antivirus app has a decent set of features, including scans, anti-theft support, a security auditor feature, scan scheduling, and more.
After downloading this antivirus app you will automatically get 30 days for FREE to try out all the cool PREMIUM features and to experience what having a fearless Android experience means.
Afterward, you can decide to continue with PREMIUM’s enhanced features, or keep the basic FREE version.
Features of ESET Mobile Security and Antivirus app
- Connected Home to scan the network
- security report
- Proactive Anti-Theft sends last location
- App Lock with PIn or Fingerprint
- Pay once, use it on up to 5 devices
10. Lookout Security & Antivirus app
Lookout is another popular antivirus app and anti-malware app. The antivirus app comes pre-installed on many devices, especially on carriers like T-Mobile.
It does the basics fairly well. That includes scans, phishing protection, malware protection, anti-theft features, and more.
You Get Lookout Security & Antivirus subscription for $2.99 per month or $29.99 per year. It’s reasonably good for an antivirus or anti-malware app.
Features of Lookout Security & Antivirus app
- Safe Wi-Fi
- System Advisor
- IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION
- Cyber Watch
- SSN Watch
- Social Media Watch
- 24/7 Restoration Assistance
- $1M Identity Theft Insurance
- Lost Wallet Recovery
- Breach Report
- Theft Alerts
- Safe Browsing
- Lock & Wipe