FTP clients software is designed to transfer your local files over the server over the internet and makes your life more comfortable.
These FTP clients software supports tools like FTP, SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, and more. And the best part about these FTP clients’ software is that they offer you drag-and-drop features.
There is a variety of different FTP client software out there and I have gathered the 15 Best FTP clients software for you.
15 Best FTP clients for Windows and Mac in 2023
1. FileZilla FTP client
FileZilla is one of the most popular and best FTP client software out there that is free and easy to download for anyone.
It has a bit of an outdated interface, all users are able to link to their site files and place them next to what’s being stored on a computer.
The free FTP clients software is very easy to understand and it doesn’t take long to understand the inner workings of the entire system.
- Free to use
- Easy to download
- Easy to understand and use
- You can link your site files
- You can filter filename easily
- Drag and drop facility
- It offers remote file search
2. Cyberduck FTP client
If you are looking for FTP ports that help you transfer your files from local and remote locations in faster ways then Cyberduck is the best FTP client software for you.
It is free to download the FTP client from the Cyberduck website or you have options for downloads on the Microsoft and mac os FTP client on Mac App Stores.
The FTP clients for windows software support FTP, SFTP, Microsoft Azure, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. It is a completely free FTP client to download in it is open source.
- Fast for transferring files
- Free to download
- Open source
- Supports FTP, SFTP, Microsoft Azure, OneDrive, Dropbox
- You can browse images with ease
- You can import bookmarks from third-party software
- Drag and drop bookmarks
ForkLift is the best mac FTP client that is only available for MAC users it is a kind of file manager and transfer client with dual panes.
Here it lets you to comparing multiple file locations and moves them back and forth which makes it easy for you to access it.
The mac os FTP client provides you the ability to connect to multiple servers at the same time, giving you more versatility if you have more than one transfer to complete.
- File manager for MAC
- You can compare multiple file locations
- You can connect to multiple servers
- Free trial
- Offers education discounts for teachers and students
- You can control every file operation
- Supported languages are English, Spanish, Hungarian, Chinese, French
Transmit is another best FTP client software that has some unique features other than Transmit that make it stand out on its own.
It provides a wonderful interface for managing your files and linking them to several servers at one time.
- Remote URL copy facility
- Wonderful interface
- Link several servers at one time
- Easy to use
- Supports Amazon S3 API V4
- Lets you upload, manage, and download
- Free trial to test
If you are looking for a free file manager and FTP client that connects your remote and local environments then WinSCP is the best FTP client software for you.
The FTP software is only available for windows and it is open source that has over 124 million downloads.
It has a dual-pane module for transferring files and the interface is great for beginners it user friendly.
- Free to use
- Connects remote and local environments
- It has over 124 million downloads
- Open source
- Dual pane module
- You can customize
- Multiple sessions are possible on a single screen
6. WS_FTP Professional
WS_FTP Professional is the best FTP client software out there that has almost 40 million users that are using it right now.
The main reason behind its popularity is that it provides extreme levels of encryption, easy customization, and advanced admin tools.
It is very simple and easy to use for anyone and it can reduce the administrative burden from you so you have to definitely try out this app.
WS_FTP Professional Features:
- It has over 40 million users
- Easy customizations
- Advanced admin tools
- Easy to use
- Uses Windows 10 security features
- Multiple forms of encryption
- The server-to-server transfer is possible
7. Commander One PRO
Commander One PRO is the best FPT client software that is available MAC FTP client and it has a free version to access.
But the free FTP client version is not worth it and the personal license for Pro is only $29.99. After that, you could get the team version for $99.99 or the company plan for $149.99.
Here you can establish multiple connections at the same time and it provides full support for FTP protocols.
Commander One PRO Features:
- The free FTP client version is available
- Full support of FTP protocols
- Multiple connections
- Quickly transferring, uploading, and moving items
- Support for numerous languages
- Allows you to link the entire Amazon S3
- Lets you work with Google docs and Sheets
8. Core FTP LE
If you are looking for secure FTP client software then Core FTP LE is the best FTP client software for you.
It wasn’t always a free FTP client but now you have the option to either pay for the Pro version or the LE version.
These FTP programs are designed for Windows. It provides security using FTP client encryption so you should definitely try it out.
Core FTP LE Features:
- Secure FTP client
- Free to use
- Support drag and drop feature
- Dual-panel layout
- Basic interface
- Easy to use
- Assign file permissions
CuteFTP is another FTP port only for Windows and Mac users and it s owned by a company called Globalscape.
The software is not available for free FTP clients to use and here you need to pay a $59.99 per year payment to access it.
And whenever there is an upgrade you need to pay a fee of $29.99. CuteFTP also includes one year of maintenance and support for an additional $30.
- Popular among the users
- Easy-to-use interface
- Industry-leading security
- Plenty of automation
- Lets you schedule a file transfer
- Supports fully-automated transfers
- Monitor local folders
If you want to test out the free and paid version of software then Coffeecup is the best free FTP client software for you.
Here premium version is listed at $39 and it does have a free trial if you’d rather give it a try instead of sticking to the free version.
This FTP Client software lets you upload or download any file by dragging and dropping it into a computer or server.
- Free FTP client trial
- You can upload or download any file
- Easy to use
- It supported on Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista
- Standard file transfer
- Editing tools
- Lets you set permission to files and folders
11. UltraEdit FTP client
If you are looking for both text editor as well as UltraFTP then UltraEdit is the best FTP port for you that offers you file transfer.
Here it lets you perform so many features like find, compare, and share files between local devices and servers on one interface.
It supports all cross-platforms like Windows, Mac, & Linux and it is s seamlessly integrated into the UltraEdit environment.
- Lets you find, compare, and share files
- Basic interface
- Supports Windows, Mac, & Linux
- Easily integrated with UltraEdit
- Intuitive and snappy controls
- Works with 10GB+ files
- Customizable UI
If you are looking for a backup and file synchronization tool then you should definitely try out GoodSync the best FTP port.
This FTP software can be used to sync files between computer and storage devices or between computer and server.
The best part about this FTP software is that it enables you to run parallel threads to achieve file transfer speed.
- Synchronization tool
- Syn files
- You can run parallel threads
- Real-time data can be transfer
- Automated schedule
- Real-time backup
- Encrypts the files using AES-256
13. FTP Voyager
If you are looking for an FTP client or FTP port for Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems then FTP Voyager is the best FTP port for you.
This Linux SFTP client tool can transfer files of all sizes with no problem and also lets you schedule and transfer multiple files concurrently.
It is facilitated to send file transfer over a secure shell data stream and here you can also drag and drop folders.
FTP Voyager Features:
- For Microsoft Windows and Linux operating system
- SFTP client tool
- You can schedule
- Lets you transfer multiple files concurrently
- A secure shell data stream
- Drag and drop folders
- Upload or download any file using SFTP FTPS, FTP
14. Fetch FTP
Fetch FTP is the best FTP port that is only available in Macintosh and it supports FTP and SFTP, FTPS, and more.
Here you can use this tool to view overall progress and time remaining while transferring more than one file.
It also lets you filter out needed directories which makes it unique from other software and lets you edit very easily.
- Lets you edit easily
- Supports FTP and SFTP, FTPS, and more
- You can view the overall progress
- Filter out needed directories
- Drag and drop folders and files
- Lets you synchronize folders using the mirror command
- You can preview files in your browser
15. Pure FTPD
If you are looking for software that can translate server messages into numerous languages then Pure FTPD is the best FTP client software for you.
Here it can translate your server message into languages like English, French, Spanish, German, and many more.
The FTP software is fully supported by Lightweight Directory Access Protocol authentication and is easy to use by beginners.
Pure FTPD Features:
- Beginner friendly
- Easy to translate server messages
- Support languages English, French, Spanish, German, and many more
- Supported by Lightweight Directory Access Protocol authentication
- Lets you limit the number of simultaneous users
- Easy to connect server
- You can disallow downloads if the system load is increased